Paid Internship 16-20 Hours Per Week
Gavin™ is an award-winning full-service boutique branding and communications agency located in Central PA. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and being an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We’re looking for a Graphic Design Intern who has an ambitious mindset to help us do amazing work. Our team is built on a “We Culture” philosophy – meaning we work as a team, we solve problems together, we nurture great talent and leadership skills, and we build the team we want to share success with for the long term.
The Graphic Design Intern works closely with our internal Creative Team. This person will be hardworking, enthusiastic, responsive, and have the ability to conceptualize creative solutions with a desire to raise the bar at all times. Effective communication and collaboration with experienced graphic designers and cross-functional team members is essential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the creation of various types of visual assets, including infographics and motion graphics
- Design web and print assets for various client projects
- Assist with the development of multi-platform campaign and branding elements, including print, web, video, e-communications, etc.
- Expanded work portfolio
- Work on real-world marketing efforts
- Opportunity to expand digital experience
- Hands-on experience
- Friendly and fun work environment
- Gain an understanding of how a full-service marketing and public relations agency works
- Willingness to learn and ability to learn quickly
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, graphic design programs, specifically Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Knowledge of pop culture, trending topics and the changing digital world of media
- Willingness to tackle new technology
- Excellent communication skills: solid grammar, ability to convey messages clearly, courteous manner via email and telephone
- College junior or senior, or recent graduate preferred
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Gavin ™ is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation, and training. We seek to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws related to discrimination.
Gavin™ makes decisions concerning employment based strictly on business needs and an individual’s qualifications and ability to perform the job under consideration, the comparative qualifications and abilities of other applicants or employees, and the individual’s past performance within the organization.
Please submit resume, cover letter, three professional references and at least one relevant work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
INCOMPLETE submissions/applications will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS.
Job Type: Internship